Sunday, April 22, 2012

Josh's Homemade Hamburger Patties


Today I am sharing my husband's mouth-watering recipe for homemade hamburger patties.  Now, I must tell you that I had to beg him to let me publish this recipe.  Beg!! I owe him big time, but he finally let me share it.  They really are that good. They are better than any hamburger I have ever tasted; perfectly juicy on the inside, and grilled just right on the outside. 


Let me tell you a few tips before I divulge this recipe.  When making the patties, form the meat-mixture into a ball, between 1/4-1/3 lb.  Then, flatten them, but leave them pretty thick.  That will make them juicier and taste better.  Also, do NOT over handle the meat.  Josh made me take notes on that one.  (Kidding.)  But he did emphasize it!  You want your burgers to come out perfectly!  So, follow the steps below, then invite your friends over for the best burgers they will ever have!

Now, my husband has never measured any of these ingredients.  He just eyeballs it and mixes it up, then smells it, and then maybe adds a little extra of something.  So, I stood right beside him with my notebook and pen in hand, writing down how much of everything he put in.  I know some people can cook to taste, and others need exact measurements.  Feel free to add the ingredients to your liking, or follow what I have written down.


Josh's Homemade Hamburger Patties
  • 2 pounds, lean ground beef
  • 2 tbsp. dried minced onion
  • 1-2 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1 tsp. onion salt
  • 1 tsp. parsley
  • 2 tbsp. A-1 sauce
  • 1-2 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
About a half hour before you make the patties, let the ground beef sit at room temperature.  Combine all ingredients and mix with your hands.  Divide meat-mixture into 1/4-1/3 lb. patties, leaving them pretty thick.  Do not over-mix the meat!  Grill away and serve with your favorite toppings. 

Here is a list of our favorite toppings:
  • Mayo or Miracle Whip
  • Mustard
  • A-1 sauce
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Avocado
  • Crisp Bacon (Josh)
  • Blue Cheese Crumbles (Becky)
  • Sauteed Onion (Josh) or Raw Onion (Becky)
  • Mushrooms (Josh)
  • Swiss Cheese (Josh)
  • More Crisp Bacon (Josh)


Now, I will try and work my magic and get his insanely good Steak Marinade recipe!
Pin It!

25 comments:

The Sandboms said...

These were AMAZING! We made them tonight after googling for a recipe. You have a keeper :)

Unknown said...

I love cooking.... Very nice recipe shared...Thanks for sharing this homemade recipe buddy!!

Gege said...

AMAZING RECIPE! i'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SE MY HUSBAND'S FACE TONIGHT...I WILL MAKE THIS FOR DINNER! happy friday dinner!

Anonymous said...

These sound yummy! I am going to try them for our family gathering on Saturday, but I am wondering if I can make them early and refrigerate them overnight? Will they turn out as good, or should I wait and do it all on Saturday? Any thoughts would be helpful...Thanks-Toni

Anonymous said...

I just read over my comment and felt like I needed to further explain :). I am wondering if I can prepare them the night before and cook them on the day right before eating...sorry for the confusion :) Toni

Lacey said...

Perfect burgers for Superbowl Sunday! Very yummy! Thank you and your hubby for sharing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What is liquid smoke? AndA1 sauce?

Anonymous said...

A1 is a type of steak bbq sauce and liquid smoke is essence of smoked flavor. Both can usually be found together in the same aisle.

Anonymous said...

These were amazing! I made them for Father's Day and my dad loooovvvveeeddd them! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How many burgers does this recipe make generally? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

We have been looking for a great burger recipe to prepare at home and this one is a keeper! We were really pleased that they tasted almost like the burgers we get when we go to our favorite family restaurant and pay about $10 each for! Thanks for sharing this and letting all of us know about a wonderful burger that can be done at home! It took me two years to find a delicious recipe and to thank you for it, but just found it and tried it over the last couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

I found this recipe a couple years ago , wanting to make a new hamburger recipe and the results were amazing, I got so many great comments, and requests to make them again, in fact I just got a request from my fiancée to make them with turkey burgers tonight for her, and reg. hamburger version for myself tonight

Unknown said...

healthy...except for the bread

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you
Click Here

Unknown said...

Hi, just passing by to see something very interesting and gladly I've found it here. Thank you for your wonderful article it really helped me a lot. You can also visit my site if you have time.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Jr. Williams said...

This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.
baking cooking recipe video

Anonymous said...

These are hands down the BEST burgers I have ever made. Thank you to you and your husband for sharing this recipe!

Alice

plasterers bristol said...

Yummy homemade burgers are the best and this is great recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Simon

Anonymous said...

These are FANTASTIC! I've made them a few times now and they always stay juicy!!

Unknown said...

What about the bun? What can you suggest

Unknown said...

What about the bun? What can you suggest

kellyb77 said...

I've made these 2 times now and my whole family loves them! They are so flavorful and juicy! This will be my go to recipe from now on! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the cave that you live in?

Anonymous said...

Tried your recipe for dinner last night, since ther is only two of us I cut the recipe in half but otherwise I followed it. The burgers were very juicy and very tasty. My husband and I enjoyed them verymuch. This will be my go to recipe from now on. Thank you for sharing this great recipe.