Friday, June 10, 2011

Sinful Chocolate Cake

This is the best chocolate cake recipe I have tried yet. My sister made it for me a year or so ago, and I instantly fell in love. In fact, I had to steal a piece of the cake on my way out her door to enjoy on the 4+ hour drive home. The cake didn't make it 10 minutes out of her town. Then I made it for my husbands family last year, and as I was transfering the leftover cake from their house to my car, it fell onto the driveway. I may or may not have scraped off the top and eaten the rest of it anyway. MAYBE!!


Sinful Chocolate Cake
  • 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
  • 1/2 Cup water
  • 1/2 Cup oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 Cup sour cream
  • 1 box instant chocolate pudding
  • 1 16 oz. bag chocolate chips
  • 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream

Pre-heat oven to 350. Spray bundt pan. Mix together cake mix, water, oil, eggs, sour cream, and pudding. Mix for 10 minutes. Then add half a bag of chocolate chips. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.

For ganache topping, heat whipping cream just until boiling. Take off heat and add the rest of the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Pour over cake. ENJOY!

Pin It!

9 comments:

Becky said...

Maybe I should call it "Don't Drop This Chocolate Cake" since when I did, I about cried. Tragic.

Jenny said...

Okay, this cake really is so good! You know what else is fan-freakin-tastic? The chocolate mousse cake from OBB, I made it yesterday. So here's my plan: next time I'm going to make the devil's food cake part like you do in this recipe sans the chips, then do the mousse filling and ganache topping. Won't that be off.the.hook?!

Laurie said...

What's a chocolate mousse cake from OBB? Sounds good!

susiebee said...

this was soooo easy and delish...thank u so much. we use to buy a choco cake at a local restaurant about 20 yrs ago. the bake would not give up the recipe...this tastes darn close to the one I use to pay 5.00 for...thank u sooooo much.

Food Handlers Certificate said...

Hey Becky! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe this really sound yummy and really sinful. You might just call the post don't drop the chocolate cake tragedy.

Anonymous said...

Made this for my son's birthday. Very easy and so good.

Anonymous said...

Can u bake this in cake pans instead of bundt pan?

Becky said...

Yes, you can bake it in cake pans or cupcakes, but the timing will be different. It won't be as long as the budnt pan, so just watch carefully!

Anonymous said...

Thank u so much for responding!