Saturday, April 14, 2012

Country Rolls


My sister made these rolls for me years ago, and they were incredible!! She made them with a bread machine, so if you have one of those, great! If you're like me, you'll have to make these the "hard" way, meaning waiting for the dough to rise, punching down, etc. But really, it's easy peasy!

3 cups flour (I use bread flour)
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg yeast
2+ Tbsp. butter
2+ Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup water (about 100 degrees)

Put all ingredients in a bread maker and push the dough cycle OR mix them with a mixer. Let them rise 2 hours. Punch down and let rise 1 more hour (or so). Roll them out and cut in to 24 sections, putting two sections in each of 12 muffin pan holes. Then let them rise again. I think a couple of hours is best. Bake at 375 for about 12 min. Run butter over the top right as they come out of the oven! Yummy!
Pin It!

No comments: