Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spaghetti Tips ~ What and What Not To Do

Tonight I made Spaghetti for dinner, and I decided to use a tip I had read about in an article. The "tip" is a time-saver for making meatballs. Instead of rolling out each clump of meat into a meatball, you just pat out the meat onto a cookie sheet about 1 inch thick. Then you just cut it into 1 inch squares. So really, you're having Spaghetti and Meat-Squares. The look would be a little different, but the taste would be the same. Well, I decided to try out this tip tonight for dinner. Here are my meat squares:

I don't know about you, but I did not think these looked appetizing at all. I decided to grind them up best I could to have just a meat-sauce, but they didn't grind too well, and I ended up doing this:

Of course it was on my white pants. And to top it all off, after trying for 5 minutes to get a good angle so you could see that picture of my "saucy" white pants, I forgot to watch the dinner cooking on the stove:

Now I need to clean under the stove since I took the extra 20 seconds to take a pictures of that. Oh, what I do for my readers.

The moral of this story: Don't make meat-squares, no matter how much time they save.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Steffi said...

Great tips!I like Spaghetti!

"J" said...

HA! This cracks me up!!!! I love it!!!!

Carrie said...

Just a tip. On meatballs I like to take one of my cookie scoops and form the meatballs. That way they are all the same size and cook all the same. Oh and they are pretty and appetizing too!