Friday, October 17, 2014

Homemade Green Smoothie



I have tried many a green smoothie; different homemade versions as well as commercial.  This recipe is by far my favorite, and I love that I know every single ingredient that is going into it.  Below, I've listed a couple different variations, but this recipe is my favorite!

Homemade Green Smoothie

  • 1 cup (packed) fresh spinach
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen fruit
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
In blender, mix all ingredients.  Add or substitute any ingredients you like.  I have tried subbing the orange juice with water or carrot juice.  The above concoction is my favorite though.  I've also used blueberries with my fruit and that was delicious.  I would keep the banana in there-it's great for texture.  The flax seed adds fiber and a little protein.  Really, your possibilities are endless.  Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments: