Sunday, October 3, 2010

Turtle Cups

Today I was craving turtles, but I didn't have any. I was making cake mix cookie dough and decided to try something new with it.

After I made the dough, I pressed it into 24 mini-cupcake molds, then baked it. After it came out of the oven, I pressed the dough down again since they puffed up a little when baking.

Then I added chopped pecans to each cup.

Then I added the caramel sauce to each cup, and then broiled it for just a couple minutes.
They kind of fall apart when you try to take them out, so put them in the fridge or freezer before you attempt to take them out. Enjoy!
Cake Mix Cookie Dough
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
Beat well and press into mini-cupcakes. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. Let cool while you make caramel sauce.
Caramel Sauce
6 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup canned milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Place all ingredients in saucepan and stir until boiling, then take off heat.
Sprinkle chopped pecans into each cookie cup. Then, pour caramel sauce into each cup and broil for 2-3 minutes. Place in freezer before taking out of tin.


Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you use evaporated or condensed milk in the caramel sauce?

Becky said...

That would be Evaporated Milk!