Friday, April 6, 2012

Fried Manicotti


The other day, I was craving Manicotti, but I wanted it different somehow. I was starring at my recipe just waiting for some inspiration to come. Nothing came, until later when I was craving mozzarella sticks. Yeah, I have a lot of cravings. No, I'm not pregnant. I just always have cravings...like every day. Anyway, I thought about making my manicotti somehow like mozzarella sticks. Crisp and crunchy on the outside, but cheesy and gooey on the inside. And so I came up with this recipe. As I was making this dish, I told my husband that if it wasn't super yummy, I probably wouldn't make it again, as it took more time than I anticipated. But we all ended up loving it, and so yes- I will make it again! Enjoy!
  • 1 package Manicotti shells, cooked al dente, and drained
  • 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
  • 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
  • 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
  • 3 Eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. Milk
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1-2 cups Bread Crumbs
  • 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce

Beat one egg in large mixing bowl. Add cheeses, milk and salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat about 1/2 cup oil in large skillet on medium heat. Beat remaining 2 eggs in separate bowl. Dip cooked manicotti shells in egg, then dip in bread crumbs. Place in skillet and fry about 1 minute on each side. Let drain on some paper towels. Carefully pipe cheese mixture into each shell and place in large baking pan. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Heat spaghetti sauce and spoon onto plate. Place Manicotti on top of sauce and garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Did you use a fancy piper? I've always used a spoon, but that doesn't sound like it would work very well after you already fried the shells.