Monday, April 30, 2012

Sour Cream and Onion Mashed Potatoes with Mizithra

These potatoes were a last minute whip-up-for-dinner side dish that turned out amazing! I was going to have a Cinco de Mayo recipe today, but let's just say half of my kids and my husband couldn't keep much down. So, my dinner plan turned to that of toast and applesauce. But Josh started feeling much better and last minute decided he wanted to grill some steak, so I started cooking some potatoes and looked in my fridge for some flavorful things to add to it. My fam and I were big fans!

Sour Cream and Onion Mashed Potatoes with Mizithra
  • 8 medium potatoes
  • dash of salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3 Tbsp. milk
  • 2 green onions, chopped -saving some for garnish
  • 1-2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup mizithra cheese, grated -saving a little for garnish

Wash potatoes, and cut in half. Place in large pot with a dash of salt and boil about 40 minutes, or until tender. Add butter, sour cream, milk, green onions, salt and cheese. Mix together with electric beater until smooth. Add more milk for desired consistency. Top with garnishes.

Pin It!

No comments: