Friday, April 27, 2012

Beef and Rice Bake

This dish is in no way fancy or trendy, but it is a staple at our house for a few reasons:
1. It is EASY! It takes about 15 minutes to put together, and then ya just throw it in the oven.
2. It is one of the cheapest meals I make. I usually have all the ingredients on hand, and if not- they don't cost much anyway.
3. As simple as this meal is...it is sooooooo tasty. I usually eat half the pan whenever I make it...if I can get to it before my kids.
Try it, you'll like it!
Beef and Rice Bake
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 1 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 can (3 oz.) chow mein noodles

Cook beef, onion, and celery in large skillet until beef is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain. Add rice, peppers, soy sauce, butter, and brown sugar. Transfer to medium baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes.

Pin It!

No comments: