Friday, June 29, 2012

Salted Caramel Dulce de Leche Cheesecake



So, I have never been on a diet. I just love food too much. But, I am getting older and the years and years of horrible eating are catching up to me. So, this week I started working out every day, and counting my calories. It's not my cup of tea, but I have been feeling a little better physically. But not eating any treats has been killing me!! And I think I did a pretty good job this week, so I made myself a little reward. (If I'm counting calories, might as well see how high I can count, right?) :)

Here is a delicious combo of 2 of my favorite things: Salted Caramel, and Cheesecake.

This was really easy to make, and tastes amazing. The sweetness of the cheesecake with the saltiness of the topping is perfect. Not too much, just right.
First, start off by making my simple plain Cheesecake. Then, you just make this easy topping, pour it on, and there you have it.
Dulce de Leche Topping
10 Caramel Chews
2/3 cup Dulce de Leche
3 Tbsp. whipping cream
Place caramels and whipping cream in small saucepan. Turn on medium heat and whisk until melted and combined. Take off heat, and add dulce de leche and whisk until smooth. Pour over top of cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate. Right before serving, add a sprinkle of sea salt. Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments: