Thursday, August 15, 2013

Easy Pie Crust

This pie crust is so easy to make, and the best one I have ever tasted!  I got this recipe from my sister, who is the queen of peach pie.  Every September, she literally has neighbors and even strangers knocking on her door asking for her to make them a peach pie.  Including me.


Pie Crust

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled (my sisters recipe calls for oil, but I prefer butter.)
  • 2 tbsp. milk
Mix flour, sugar, and salt in 9" pie plate.  Combine butter and milk in separate bowl and whisk together.  Add butter/milk mixture to pie plate and mix with fork until you form the dough.  You can add a little flour if it's too sticky.  Form dough into a ball, then press until you form your crust.  Bake at 400 for 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.  Add pie filling and enjoy!





Pin It!

No comments: