Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce


This recipe is one of our family's favorite!  I love all kinds of enchiladas- and have been known to try a lot of different recipes, but I keep coming back to this one because I know it's easy and it tastes amazing!  My kids (even the picky eater) gobble this up in seconds.  And I may or may not have licked my plate clean...and my kids plates...and the pan.  Aaaaanyway, try this recipe and I bet you will be adding it to your regular menu!

Creamy White Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded*
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 small can chopped green chiles
  • 1 can chicken broth (you won't need the whole thing)
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. minced dry onion
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 10 flour tortillas
  • 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
In medium bowl, mix sour cream, soup, chiles, and chicken broth (I used half of a can, but you can use how ever much to get your desired consistency).  Next, add garlic powder, onion and cumin.  Pour sauce into a small bowl, leaving about 1/2 cup of sauce in the medium bowl.  Add chicken to medium bowl and mix to combine.  Fill each tortilla with a couple tablespoons of chicken mixture and add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.  Roll up and place enchiladas in 9x13 baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce on top of enchiladas, and sprinkle 1 cup of the remaining cheese on top.  Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Turn off oven and broil on low for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.

*My family prefers to use a shredded Rotisserie chicken.  I buy a whole one from Costco, and it is the perfect amount to make 2 pans (one to eat, one to freeze.)
Pin It!

No comments: