Monday, September 30, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu

I don't have a picture for this recipe, yet!  It is SO good, that I always gobble it up before I remember to snap one.  But I will try to remember soon.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 12 thin slices of ham
  • 12 slices Swiss cheese
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups bread crumbs
Alfredo Sauce
  • 2 tsp. melted butter
  • 1 tbsp. diced onion
  • 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup whole milk (I have used 2% before, and it turns out fine.)
  • 1/2 + grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
I like to get everything out and ready before I start.  Beat eggs, and place in bowl.  Pour breadcrumbs in separate bowl.  Get the slices of ham and cheese out and place on a cutting board, or clean surface.  (You don't want to keep reaching in the bag or container to get your meat and cheese, because you will have raw chicken on your hands!)  I assemble it all on a cutting board, and I have the bowls right beside it.  Pound chicken breasts with meat tenderizer until about 1/4 inch thick.  Place 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of cheese on each breast.  Roll up and dip in egg, then dip in bread crumbs.  Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until fully cooked.

For the Alfredo sauce, melt butter in small saucepan.  Add onion and garlic and cook for a minute or 2- careful not to burn.  Once cooked, slowly add cream and milk.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and add Parmesan cheese and salt.  Keep stirring until all melted together.  Serve on top of chicken.  (We love to make mashed potatoes with this and use the sauce as a gravy.  SO yummy!)

*This recipe was adapted from The Roof's cookbook.
Pin It!

No comments: